Sunday 7 June 2015

PURPLE KNEE

Had a good session yesterday.  The children have come up with some great ideas for their books with some tantalizing titles - "Pony Sisters", "Pressure"  and "Marcey The Dog" to name a few.  Animal and adventure stories seemed to be the favourites with fantasy fiction not far behind.  At the next session (20th June), the actual books will be physically created.

It was interesting to see how the Young Writers vary in their approaches to the whole Book idea. Amber was preparing a story board without even knowing it until I explained how every film, TV programme and advert ever made all start off as story boards! But all of them were so utterly engrossed in what they were doing that not one of them commented when I took my spectacular tumble behind the tables!  One minute I was standing, the next I was sprawled on the floor!  It must have looked incredibly funny and I still don't know how I managed it.   My only conclusion is that my brain was two steps ahead of my feet!  Anyway, apart from a very bruised right knee I am fine and huge thanks to Daniel's mum for hurrying to my aid!

It gave me a huge amount of pleasure to  welcome a new member - Haas - and to hand out so many certificates - Daniel being the first I think, to get his blue and red ones at the same time!  It just shows how much they are taking on board and how very enthusiastic they all are.  It is almost magical how we work so well together and I am very very proud of their progress.

So see you all again on 20th.  Isn't it weird that there is only three more sessions till the summer break!  Where is 2015 flying to in such a hurry?

No comments:

Post a Comment