Tuesday 24 March 2015

Thank You ....

Huge thanks to all the Young Writers who turned up on Saturday.  It has been a while since I had fourteen there and the atmosphere was absolutely electric!  We continued on the theme of script picture stories for comics - looking at the different genres open to us.   Some of their ideas are truly awesome!  Their imagination knows no bounds and that is exactly why I love to encourage children to write!

The assignment was to either buy (or get a grown up to buy) a comic to read through, choose one of the stories and then show how they would lay that out that if they were writing it - ie how they would describe the picture, what words the characters are saying and how they would  progress the story, bearing in mind everything we have covered the last two sessions.    So big Well Done to everyone; you are an inspiration.

The book launch afterwards was a great success!  Many thanks to the members who bought copies.  I have plenty left in stock so if anyone else wants one, let me know next session and I will bring them in.  I will sign them if you want me to.  Massive thanks is due to the library staff for allowing me to hold the launch there.  Here's to many more!

The next session is on 11th April so hope to see you there.  And have a lovely Easter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment