Monday 2 March 2015

Saturday's Session

Have been sooo busy trying to organise the launch of my new book that everything else has taken a bit of a back seat.  With the next session only days away I felt I should give some feedback about the session we had on 21st February and I apologise for the fact it has taken me so long.

The session was really well attended.  Thirteen children turned up which was brilliant and we managed to wind down the poetry for the time being to make room for the new project which we start this Saturday, which I am sure the Young Writers will tackle head on  because they tackle everything  head on.  I have been mightily impressed with the standard of their poetry of late and have taken to copying out the ones I am most interested in for use in the proposed quarterly newsletter.

Was sorry to hear we are losing Phoebe.  She has been a staunch member and supporter since the group began three years ago and her input has always been invaluable.  She will be sorely missed - particularly by me - but I wish her well for the future.  And who knows?  Maybe our paths will cross again some day.  Perhaps when she is a famous writer.

So here are the dates for the next sessions, a copy of which I will be giving out this Saturday:

May 1st
May 16th
June 7th
June 20th
July 4th
July 25th

When we come back in September (which will be on the 5th), I will give you the autumn and winter dates to take us into (incredible as it sounds) 2016.

And finally I want to mention the subject matter for March - fanfare please - we will be doing Comic Strip stories.  Yup!  You read that right.  And this is something we have NOT done before.  I will be preparing some sheets to get them all going so we will see what they can magic up this time!

And I know I will see you all before the Book Launch but please come along on 21st March straight after the session.  

Till then - Good Writing To You All!!!

PS - This Sunday marks the first year anniversary of the re-launch of Addiscombe Young Writers. Thank you all so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment