Wednesday 11 March 2015

Comic Genius ...

Yet another highly successful session last weekend.  Introduced the members to writing Comic Strips.  It went down very well - particularly with those who had not given it a go before!  The assignment set was to write a new comic strip story and I just know they will deliver!   Just to recap the basic Comic Strip story starts off with an idea, a couple of characters and a script  - and  I could almost see the lightbulb ideas switching on in their heads and that is truly inspirational when the average member is age around seven years!   Unbelievable!  So with twelve members present the session just flew by.  And it was great to see them working in pairs because I didn't suggest that - they just did it instinctively.  Huge Well Done to everyone for giving it a go!

Everything is almost ready for the Book launch on 21st March and I do hope you will come along.  I will be giving away bookmarks and there'll be sweets to pick at so hopefully it will be a successful event.  Should be quite a few there and, to show my appreciation for allowing me to hold the launch in the actual library, I will be donating a couple of copies of the book.  It is the least I can do really!

You should have all received your update sheets with dates for sessions up to July but if you haven't then the dates are also featured in the last blog post.  If you have any comments, suggestions or ideas, please let me know.  I'd so appreciate any feedback!

See you on 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment