Thursday 21 March 2013

Session 17 - Feedback

Thank you to all those who managed to get to today's session at PMT.  Although there was not as many Young Writers present as last time, the enthusiasm was just as strong.  In preparation for Saturday's Polka trip, I read a shortened version of Grimm's "Hansel and Gretel" and asked the Young Writers to write an alternative ending.  I also had them guessing other Grimm titles and I was surprised at how many they knew.  I haven't read through the session sheets yet but I will do before our first trial Sunday session on April 14th.  The assignment set was for the children to write a brand new fairy story or folklore tale and I challenged them to really use their imaginations - and to remember all about description - so it will be interesting to see the results.

Final reminder about the Polka trip.  Amanda has said she will be around from 8.30 on Saturday morning so if you'd like to treat the kids to breakfast out, she is more than happy to accommodate.  If you don't make it to breakfast, then please make sure you are at PMT no later than 9.15 as we will be leaving at 9.30 on the dot.  That will give us a full hour to get there and an hour and a half before curtain up, so we should be there in plenty of time.  Please have your ticket money handy (£2.00 each) when we reach the theatre as they have to paid for at the box office when we arrive.  I  spoke with Fran earlier today at the Polka about the proposed back stage tours and she has asked me to nominate one other adult to help supervise the tours (as there isn't much room by all accounts), which we will do in two hits so, on this occasion, I will ask Lisa (Oliver's mum).  No offense intended to anyone else, but I could only choose one and Lisa's was the first name to come to mind and I hope that is ok.  Obviously those of you left behind can explore the cafe area and - hopefully - the teddy exhibition, and keep an eye on the rest of the children whilst the tours take place.  I estimate we should be back at PMT by around 2pm - give or take - which I hope is ok for everyone.

Here is a list of all those I am expecting - and please note that we have only got 23 tickets so we won't be able to cater for anyone else.  Please remember though that I am going to try and organise other trips so everyone should get their chance in due course.
Tomaso and Renata
Grace and Penny
Oliver and Lisa
Annika and Roberta
Danny, Cuan and Yvonne
Clint, Phoebe and Miriam
Hannah and Claire
Alessandro, Guilia and Katia
Luke and Lucy
Steve and I

Thank you to everyone who paid their contribution costs today.  I don't think there's more than a couple left outstanding so I will have a quick count-up over the weekend just to make sure.

Should have the Mother's Day Poetry competition results by 14th April as well.

Can't think of anything else offhand but if I do, I will add a little PS later.  All the best and Good Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment