Monday 18 March 2013

Quick Note ...

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to remind everyone that this week's session will be on Thursday instead of Wednesday, 3 till 4 as usual.  We then have the Polka trip on Saturday (children aged 6 and only over I am afraid, I checked with the theatre) and then - all being well (and I will confirm), the first trial Sunday will be on April 14th.  Once again I can only apologise if this doesn't suit everybody, but maybe a couple of months down the line, we can revert back to a weekday somehow, so please bear with me!

Also needed to add a gentle reminder that I am still collecting contributions towards the production of Word Magic.  If you cannot remember whether or not you have paid, please come and ask me on Thursday as I will have my receipt book which is a good record of all the contributions I have so far received (and thanks again to everyone who has brought theirs in).  There are still at least four outstanding and I would be very gratfeul if these could be handed in asap.  Have to keep the bank manager happy!

And talking of Word Magic, if anyone would like to sell copies on, please let me know how many you think you might need and any you don't sell can then come back to me.  Since we have had to hold off on the exhibition again - and therefore also the proposed launch - it seems silly not to get the book out after all the hard work the Young Writers put into it.  I am also going to ask Amanda if she could sell them.  And hopefully I will find time over the next few days to send out the proposed complimentary copies to various people; it is ridiculous how the threat of redundancy has played havoc with so many other aspects of my life, all of which I am now trying to run and catch up with!

And finally, I have had a sniff of interest from a publisher about a guide book I am proposing which could help other Young Writer groups to get set up, so fingers crossed for that.

See you thursday then - and Good Writing!

1 comment: