Tuesday 5 February 2013

More Exciting News ...

Hello again.  I know we have a session tomorrow but I really had to tell you some news.  Last week I nominated the group for a Local Heroes award, which is a scheme being run by the South London Press.  Today I had a long chat with a reporter called Nick Rutherford and he really wants to run a story on AYW - so much so that he has got a photographer coming to tomorrow's session.  As Addiscombe is just outside the SLP's normal area, he needs someone within that area to nominate it so I have asked Amanda as she lives just inside it.  I am not sure when the story will run but he was so enthusiastic that I have a feeling it will be fairly soon.  This is great news.  And if I can get to Cherrills tomorrow to pick up the books, even better.  I will do my very best but I have got quite a lot of other stuff going on so it may not be possible.  I promise I will try, though.  Talking about the book, I will be bringing the promised letter in tomorrow to hand out and would appreciate your contributuions by the next session, if possible, which is on 20th February. 

I have emailed Glenn at the Croydon Advertiser to ask for an update of when the AYW column is likely to start appearing and over the next couple of weekends, I will start to get the next four ready to go off to him.  Glenn hasn't come back to me yet but he did say, during his last email, that it would be soon, so fingers crossed for that one.

Finally, I am planning to put together a programme of session themes etc in time for the session on 20th February which I will pass out on the day.  I thought it might help the Young Writers to see a bit of structure.  I appreciate the feedback from Renata (please take a leaf out of her book  and make a comment - feedback is so important) and am going to also contact a couple of places where we may be able to take the Young Writers during the course of the next few months, so watch this space.

see you tomorrow then - and Good Writing.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Jilly!!! You are an absolute star!!!
    See you tomorrow for another fabulous session :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renata, that's very kind of you. It is the children who are the real stars though - I'm just kind of there! Great session today. And I will get that stuff together for you in time for the next session.

    ReplyDelete