Tuesday 27 March 2018

SHORT POEMS PLEASE!!!

Very quiet Young Writer session last Saturday with only six members coming along.  We were looking at one final form of short poetry - the Single Verse Poem - and huge thanks to those members who gave it a go.  I know most will be pleased to hear we go back to stories after the Easter Break so at least that will give them something different to think about.  I could not have put the poetry leaflet together were it not for the Members embracing the subject since our return after Christmas and I appreciate their patience.  The closing date for submissions is our session on 7th April and I advise everyone to have a good rummage through the poetry they have produced over recent months and bring along any they'd like included on that day.  Don't forget those taking part and contributing will receive a special Award Certificate plus they will see their work in print.

I know it is not ideal with the Easter Break, but I would ask as many of you to attend the session on 7th April as possible as I have an important announcement to make and some exciting news.  I gave letters about this out to the Young Writers who came last Saturday and will be sending those same letters out to anyone who could not make it, so watch the post box.

All that remains for me to say is have a lovely Easter break.  Enjoy the chocolate!  See you on 7th April.

No comments:

Post a Comment