Saturday 3 March 2018

'S no Joke ....

Hi everyone.  I am sorry I had to cancel today's Young Writer session.  I received an email from Cathryn at the library asking if I'd be coming along today and at that moment I was on a bus in the middle of a blizzard so I said I had my doubts.  We agreed it might be better for everyone if we cancelled today because of the weather as it was looking doubtful that anyone would be able to make it with the snow coming down like it was.  I hope not too many of you turned up but if you did have a wasted journey, I am truly sorry.  Things are looking much better this afternoon and I am confident I will be there next Saturday (which was the next scheduled session anyway).  In the (almost) six years I have been running AYW, that is the first time I have had to cancel because of adverse weather conditions, so from that point of view, I guess I shouldn't grumble.

What we will do next Saturday (10th) is start with the brief mentioned last post, which was to attempt to create your own short poetry form and we will see where we go from there.

Once again I am sorry I let you down today but looking forward to seeing you all next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment