Wednesday 4 January 2017

Heres To 2017!

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to the first blog post of 2017!  I hope you all had a great Christmas and that the Young Writers are raring to go.  I think our Presentation session on 17th December went really well.  I am so pleased everyone liked their present and I could see how proud they all were to receive their richly deserved awards. Many thanks to everyone who came along and for all your support.  It was a lovely hour or so and, as I said at the time, I am so proud of everyone!

Thank you for all the cards and presents.  It was very thoughtful and very much appreciated.  Our Christmas went very well and was one long round of visits and nibbles.  I now have enough chocolate to last me until Easter - and it probably will!  On 30th December, we went away for New Year and stayed at a nice hotel in Paignton, Devon.  So all in all it has been a busy but very enjoyable time.

This year, Addiscombe Young Writers celebrates its fifth birthday and I am hoping to organise something a little bit special to mark the occasion.  I will also be launching a couple of competitions over the coming sessions so keep an eye on the blog.

Don't forget we have a session this Saturday, 7th January, same place, same time and I am looking forward to seeing you all.  I also have a very special surprise ...

See you Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment