Tuesday 2 September 2014

Back To AYW...

Hi everyone.  Hope your summer has been brilliant.  Quick reminder - we are back to regular sessions from this Saturday (6th) 9.30 - 10.30 as per usual.  I will be handing out some letters etc, one of which will feature the dates of sessions planned right up to Christmas,  These are:

6th September
20th September
27th September
11th October
25th October
8th November
22nd November
6th December
20th December

I will publish the new year session dates nearer the time.

I am pleased to announce that I have a new book being published, hopefully in November.  More information on this a bit later, I just wanted to share my news.  I also have some poems being published later in the year so as you can see, I have had quite a busy summer!

The next few sessions will be wholly for the Exhibition.  I need all the nominated work by 27th September so I can get it all set up in time for the Exhibition.  The library staff have suggested we take some photographs of the children writing to enhance the display.  I know most of you have signed a form to this effect but if you have not yet returned it, please could you do so ASAP.  The shots will mainly be group shots and I am hoping the library staff will take them so that they look random and natural.   The children's names will not appear on the photographs.

Talking of the Exhibition, I will also be handing out comment slips over the next couple of sessions.  please do not feel obliged to complete and return these, but it would certainly add credence to our ever expanding and greatly improved group and will hopefully attract more new members for the future.

I think we are coming into extremely exciting times here at AYW.  I may call on some of you for assistance if things get too crazy - but we will see how it goes.

Looking forward to reading the Holiday Diaries!

See you Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment