Friday 18 January 2019

All The Best For 2019

Can you believe we are two thirds of the way through January already?  Hello, hope you are all well and still writing.  How was your Christmas and New Year?  Our entire festive season was very hectic, especially after moving in November, but we are very settled now, love our house and I am getting some writing done myself , so everything is good. 

It is so nice living in Westcliff-on-Sea!  We are so close to the sea here and wake up most mornings to the sound of seagulls.  Yesterday, we took a long walk along the seafront, even though it was freezing cold, and it just felt lovely.  It almost feels as if we are on holiday every day! 

So what have the Young Writers been up to?  I hope you are still scribbling away and, of course, doing well at school.  Did any of you try the Chatterbooks group?  How did you find it?  You know you can still email me if you like, or leave a comment here on the blog.  Let me know if you still pop in and read my posts from time to time mums and dads as I would absolutely love to find out how your talented children are progressing.

As for me, well moving has certainly led to a good sort out.  I have rediscovered books, poems and short stories written years ago that I had completely forgotten about!  I have already contacted one publisher about one of the books because I am convinced it is the kind of book youngsters would love.  It is funny and tells a good story.  What more can I ask for!  I have written a number of articles and poems which have largely been published on-line and have a meeting with a very talented illustrator soon with a view to getting the third Yucketypoo book on the market, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I will still pop back from time to time so I hope someone still reads my posts.  Would love to know how you are!
Love Jilly


No comments:

Post a Comment