Thursday 31 March 2016

So Much To Do ....

Sorry I haven't been back in a couple of weeks but I just seem to have so much going on that time runs away with me!  Wanted to remind everyone we have a Young Writer session this Saturday at the library so looking forward to seeing everyone there.  Please don't forget to return your consent forms ASAP  so that I can start to plan the new book.  I really cannot stress how important this is.

This weekend I will be introducing the Young Writers to writing reports.  I would like to show as diverse a range of their work in the new book as possible and this will include book reviews and reports as well as stories and poems.  Each member will be given a Junior Reporter sheet to read and work through which, I hope will inspire them.

Now that the weather is finally improving I am looking ahead to arranging the next Picnic In The Park session so keep an eye out for that.  I am yet to get a response from the fire brigade about the tour of the station so I will chase that up.  I will also find out if the Polka Theatre in Wimbledon has anything on that we could go and see, with a view to getting a back-stage tour again; I know the first group members enjoyed this immensely and it is yet another experience for them to think about.  Finally, how does everyone feel about a trip to the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill?  It is only a bus-ride away and could be a really thought-provoking event so let me have some feedback and tell me if you want me to look into this.

See you all Saturday then and Good Writing ...


No comments:

Post a Comment