Saturday 17 October 2015

Today's Session

Brilliant session again today.  Huge welcome to new member Dhilan.  Carrying on with the story theme, today's brief was much more straightforward - to write a story called The Hallowe'en Mystery.
I made some suggestions but then let them get on with it as I chatted to Dhilan's mum and told her a bit about the group.  Did you realise we are almost four years old already?  Young Writers come and go but the spirit of the group remains as passionate as ever.

Over the next couple of weeks I shall be reading and commenting on the summer project books I have had handed in.  Their young authors will receive a Special Award Certificate next session. And I was happy to confirm that Ciaran Murtagh - our Guest Speaker - will be visiting us on 5th December And huge thanks to Sarah and Timothy for their input regarding the leaflet to be handed round at schools - and also to everyone else for saying they'd like to help distribute them.

We will be looking at poetry again from next session so I will put on my thinking cap and see if we can come up with a new twist on an old idea!  Well -  I have to keep their interest somehow!

Finally to draw attention to our appeal - please consider making a small donation to our cause.  I am almost out of complimentary notebooks plus I'd like to buy some small prizes and look at either another book of their work or an exhibition.  That is the last time I shall mention it for the time being.  But thank you for reading anyway.

Love as always.  Jilly

No comments:

Post a Comment