Tuesday 1 April 2014

See You Saturday ...

Just thought I would jot a little reminder about Saturday's session so hope you can make it.  I have been looking at what themes and topics we will be covering between now and the start of the school break and should have compiled a list by Saturday.  As with the last two years, I will likely as not hold one supplementary session during August, by the way,  but I know numbers will be low because of the summer holidays.  We will start up again in September when school begins, so watch this space for dates.

Don't forget the assignment set last session was to write a report about their hobbies.  Hopefully it will appeal to all of them, but please don't worry too much if they seem to be struggling.  I am always quite happy to take a look at any other writing they do but bear in mind that these will be for personal encouragement only and will not count towards their assignments or certificates.

In order to keep the interest I will be coming up with the odd exercise sheet for them to work from, which will (hopefully) tie in with any themes.  And I will also keep my ear to the ground for any competitions open to young writers - and if you hear of any, please do drop me a line and let me know and I will try to incorporate them in the coming sessions.

And finally I may have to amend the May and June dates but I will come back to you once I have spoken to the library staff.

Very much look forward to seeing you there - so enjoy the rest of your week and keep in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment