Monday 8 July 2013

Session In The Park ... (or Not)

Hi everyone.  Here I am - back from two lovely weeks in lovely Ireland.  I feel well rested and refreshed and I have a lot of Young Writers admin to do so I will be busy over the next few nights.  The first - and most important - thing to do is update the blog, so I am seated at my desk, in my study, window open to allow access to any passing evening breezes, and raring to go.
 
First thing I need to do is let you know that a little birdie has told me that the Norwood Festival finale takes place this weekend on Woodside Green and finishes on Sunday.  Because of this I have moved the Session In The Park to Sunday 21st July rather than this Sunday so that there is more chance of getting a bigger group.  If it rains on 21st, we will be at PMT as usual 3 - 4.  Please let me know if your young writer can make it as that will be the last main session before the summer break.  As I said before, there is likely to be one session in August - just to keep our toes in the door - and then in September, once the new school year has begun, we will get back to the more regular get-togethers. And I am still hoping to get back to one weekly and one Sunday session per month so that everyone has a fair chance of getting along.

At the 21st July session, I will have the parent's questionnaire ready, as well as entry forms for the Big Young Writers Group story writing competition I mentioned a couple of blogs ago, so please please drop me a text if you can make it on that Sunday.  I also still have a number of prizes to give out for the poetry competition held back in March and it is very important I present these as the young winners earned them.

I know things have been a bit bumpy this year but I am still sure we can make this group work - and the exciting things is that the article I wrote about it looks most likely to appear in the September issue of Writing Magazine which is available mid-August time and I think that will also raise our profile a bit, so fingers crossed.

In the meantime, the invitation is still open for anyone to get in touch with me with any thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions - but above all, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know about 21st.

Good writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment