Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Well - here we are in 2013.  Is it just me or do the years seem to fly by ever more quickly these days?  So may I wish each and every one of you all the very best for the New Year.  And here's to the successful continuation of Addiscombe Young Writers.

You will no doubt be very pleased to hear that I sent the first four coulmns off to Glenn at the Advertiser the other day.  He has promised the new column will begin 'in the next couple of weeks' so I am hoping that the first one will be in next week's issue (11th January) as that was the date he seemed to think it could start before, so fingers crossed.  As soon as I know I will update everyone anyway.

At the moment I anticipate that the first session of this year for the Young Writers will be on Wednesday 16th January, same time, same place.  I will, naturally, confirm that nearer the time, but I wanted the children to get back into their school routine before we started again and I know most go back next Monday (7th) so by the 16th, they should be ready for their new challenges,.

I am still outlining future plans for the Young Writers and - although these are far from cast in stone at this point in time - suffice it to say that I am having some new ideas (including the possibility of competitions) and promise to do a letter for you all once I have finalised a few things.

As far as the book is concerned, I am now in consultation with the printers and I will come back to you all with a more detailed update as soon as I can.

Finally I should just like to thank you all for the lovely Christmas gifts which are very much appreciated.

Keep your eyes on this blog because I'll be back to it before too long.  Till then - good writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment