Monday 3 April 2017

Eggs-ellent !

Slightly more manageable group last Saturday when we had twenty Young Writers come along - this week there was twelve!   I actually split the session into two because at least five youngsters present had done comic books at least once before.  For the benefit of these, I put together a sheet about writing a Headline Story which identified the differences between writing a piece of fiction and writing a report for a newspaper (although I am aware that some people would disagree).  I gave a couple of examples and let them get on with it whilst the rest had a go at comic books.  The assignment set for the Reporters was to write a headline story and for the comic-bookers to finish their superhero stories.

The hour seemed to just fly by and, just before they left I handed out some certificates and returned some work, then handed out chocolate Easter eggs as they head off home.  And huge thanks to Alesha and Araf for the egg they presented to me - that was a nice surprise!

Our next session is not until 22nd April so all that remains is for me to wish you all a lovely Easter break.  Be happy and Keep Writing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment