Friday 10 February 2017

Hello Barnaby!

Just to let everyone know that we had a really good session last Saturday.  We are back with stories for a while so I gave everyone a title to come up with something.  This exercise is a refresher for the longer serving members but also a good introduction to the art of story writing for the new members as well.  The assignment set was to complete a story I started and of course any handed in will count towards the next certificate.

We named our new mascot - it is Barnaby, so a big welcome to him and massive thanks to the children for their input - and we have settled on 8th July as the day for our party to celebrate the group's fifth birthday.  It will be held in the junior library and I will give you more details a bit nearer the time.

I will write another post before next Saturday's session (on the 18th) but before I go - I will be doing a talk at this afternoon's Chatterbooks session at the library where I have been invited to introduce even more children to the wonderful world of Creative Writing - see you there maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment