Monday 31 October 2016

Happy Halloween!!

Hi everyone.  I have just not had a minute to write a new post for the AYW blog and I am so sorry!  I just hope you are all ok.

Continuing with the story theme, the last session (22nd October) saw us looking at way to build a plot.  The idea that an IDEA plus a CHARACTER can create a plot was explored, with the Young Writers creating a "plot sheet" with characters on one side and situations on the other which could then be linked together by a line drawn between them - and the assignment was then to produce a story from those various "ingredients".  This is based on a "Plot Book" I created some years ago for my own use which followed the same principal - and it is in fact a wholly effective way to get the creative juices flowing!

I have promised the Young Writers that I will try to bring a dummy copy of Word Magic 2 in to the next session (this Saturday 5th November).  The layout is almost finished now and it would be great to get their reactions so I will do my best - even if it is not the whole book.  It has actually proved quite a challenge this time, trying to give everyone's work equal exposure but I must say I am pretty happy with what I have managed to do so far.

So will sign off for now but look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment