Wednesday 16 December 2015

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Well the Big Day is almost here! How exciting is that (I'm sorry - Christmas is the one thing I have never outgrown and I still feel exactly the same about it now as I did when I was little - and luckily I married a man whose inner child also has extra sparkle at this time of year!)?

Huge thanks to everyone for letting me know if your Young Writer (or Writers) can make our little Christmas Party on Saturday.  I will be doing one short exercise with the Young Writers - but nothing too taxing - before the snacks and then the sessions start again on Saturday 16th January when - I hope - the next edition of AYW - ok  will be ready for distribution.  I won't be setting another assignment until the first session in January.  The Young Writers have worked hard all year and I think they deserve a break.  But my plan is to come back with all sorts of new ideas and new experiences for 2016 - and one of the things I am looking at, as long as I can get the funding, is a new anthology of their work.  If any of you mums, dads or grandparents know of a printer or printing company who would be prepared to give us a discount, please let me know.  The first Young Writers book cost almost £250 to produce, almost half of which I put up.  I don't begrudge a penny of it but I am never going to recoup that now, so any help with the new one would be very very gratefully received.

All that remains for me to say is a big BIG thank you to the library staff for their continued support, to Ciaran for his enlightening chat the other week, to the Young Writers for their amazing enthusiasm and, of course, to all the grown-ups who hold the group is such high esteem.  You are the real nuts and bolts of Addiscombe Young Writers and saying thanks doesn't seem to really convey how very grateful I am to everyone.

Have a brilliant Christmas and a happy, healthy, successful and peaceful New Year.

Big Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment