Wednesday 11 November 2015

Excellent ...!

Had a very good session with the Young Writers on 31st October.  Three possible new members!  And a brilliant atmosphere!  A couple of days after that session, hubby & I went to Scarborough for a midweek break.  Lovely!  Very lucky with the weather.  Felt surprisingly refreshed when we got back - specially since I came home with a brand new book idea fresh in my head!

Returned to the Day Job on Monday and spent two lunch breaks walking up and down the High Street looking for someone who sells multi-packs of exercise books (I am down to my last one out of the batch from The Works so huge thanks to them for keeping the group in notebooks for best part of a year!).  Could not find anyone at first but then found Wilkos do pack of three for a pound.  I bought three packs plus some new colouring pencils and graphite pencils for writing and went home feeling very pleased.  Then guess what?  Found Morrisons now stock packs of three so bought some more this morning.  Should keep the Young Writers going for a couple of months at least!  Fifteen notebooks, two lots of colouring pencils and one pack of writing pencils came to just under a tenner so felt extremely pleased!

PLEASE let me know ASAP if your child's school is planning a Christmas Fayre or Bazaar anytime soon.  I have fifty copies of My Writer to sell!  Or maybe your local church? 

Don't forget - we have our next session this Saturday (14th), same time, same place.  Look forward to seeing everyone there.  Oh yes - the assignment for the Hallowe'en session was to write a poem about Hallowe'en - any  kind of poem!

Good Writing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment