Monday 10 November 2014

Fantastic

Brilliant session on Saturday!  I know I seem to say this after every session but that is because every session is fantastic!  Eleven children were in attendance and, in keeping with the Research theme started with the previous session's assignment, I split the children into pairs and had them interview one another.  This was a HUGE success.  It got them talking - even the really shy ones - and they used their initiatives - making lists of each other's answers.  I tell you with no hesitation that these youngsters never cease to amaze and surprise me!  I get so excited when a session is coming up because I never know what they might spring on me or how they'll interpret my suggestions. So so proud of them all!

The assignment set was to find out about something that a grown up in the family experienced when they were little and write a short story about it.  If these can be handed in next session, that would be great.

I have been asked by the library staff to come up with the post-Christmas session dates and as soon as I have these I will let you all know.

Maddie the AYW bear is still doing the rounds.  She is having more sleepovers than I have ever had in my life!  Zenani has her this time, so she is slowly working her way round everyone.  Be interesting to read the Maddie diaries when they are done.  I don't get a look in at the moment so I might pinch her back the last session before Christmas and read through them over the break.

Some excellent news, by the way!  I have had a couple of articles published about running AYW and I have recently heard that on the strength of the most recent one, at least one group has been started in Bristol and another is being developed somewhere else.  This is so exciting I can hardly contain myself! Getting more people to set up more groups has been one of the things driving me on to make this one - the pioneering one - such a success, so I shall be contacting the people behind these over the next few days because the more support we give each other, the stronger the scheme will become, so watch this space, I will be updating!

Next session is Saturday 22nd November - eek!  Christmas will then be just four and a bit weeks away!

Love Jilly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment