Tuesday 3 June 2014

See You Saturday...

Back from a smashing week in picturesque Devon which breathes inspiration at every turn!  Getting ready now for the next session which is this Saturday, same time, same place.  I have spoken to my library contacts and it looks as if our exhibition of work will run in conjunction with the Family Learning Festival that commences on 10th October.  I think it is for a week.  I just need to double check all this then I will confirm in a letter that I will provide to all the members as soon as possible.  This means that I can start planning the sessions so that we can get a good mix of  the members' work to display.  I will also produce a Permission sheet for the parents to sign which will allow me to exhibit their work.  I produced a similar sheet when we were compiling Word Magic.  So keep an eye out for those; they'll also be with you very shortly.

I have been thinking it would be really nice to display some of the childrens' work on this blog so I am inviting some feedback from you,  Would you be happy for their work to appear?  Copyright will obviously remain with the Young Writers - and it means you can show their work to friends and relatives.  I would eventually like to get a website set up for them but I have neither the time nor the money to even think about that at the moment.  If you know anyone who would be prepared to help with this please let me know.  I have tried in vain to set up several websites but I just don't have the technical know-how and have failed miserably.  Any assistance gratefully received!

I bought a mascot for the group whilst in Devon, by the way!  I will bring it with me on Saturday to show everyone.

Well that is it for now.  I have some assignments to read and some Red Certificates to prepare.  See you all Saturday - and Good Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment