Monday 5 November 2012

Happy Halloween - Session 10 Update

Once again I apologise for keeping you all waiting.  When I left last week's session,  I really did plan to get to the laptop within a day or two, but, as usual, life got in the way and it has taken me almost a week.  I really am sorry - but thank you whole-heartedly for trying again because this time - heigh-ho - here I actually am!

We had a great session last week.  I think the young writers were already really fired up because of halloween and the iminent trick-or-treating session scheduled to begin straight after, but even that excitement did not stop them getting stuck in.  And - how pleased am I - another two new members!  That makes around six Newbies in the space of three sessions.  Thank you very much for fetching them in, dad; I hope we'll see you all again next time.

I have to say, mums and dads, your talented scribes have not made it easy for me to pick the contents for the booklet and exhibition!  I have got so much material to choose from that it is going to prove nigh on impossible for me to feature all of it.  What I have been doing the last couple of evenings, is reading, re-reading and then re-reading again so that only the very best stuff actually appears in the book - and whatever is left over will definitely appear at the exhibition.  The draft copy is slowly coming together and I will do a bit more shortly.  Once I know what is actually going in and where, I will then start to Laptop it.  I want to get the completed book over to the printer within three weeks max so I have got my work cut out.

The next session is on Wednesday 21st November by which time I should be able to provide another update on the book's progress.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween.

Good writing, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment